Did you watch the Summer Championship?

HokkenHokken Posts: 4Administrator
edited July 2018 in Hearthstone
Thoughts on the tournament? I for one am glad to see so many decks after the stale 4-deck meta that came before. Hopefully, Blizzard could keep it up with the next expansion.
Hearthstone & Overwatch writer for eSports.com 

Comments

• EugenebagginsEugenebaggins Posts: 5Member
    Meta is really promising and put a spin on the game itself, but..meh...i had no favorite to cheer for and paid no heed to the games. Too many noname players
  • HokkenHokken Posts: 4Administrator
    Meta is really promising and put a spin on the game itself, but..meh...i had no favorite to cheer for and paid no heed to the games. Too many noname players
    True, but no-name players winning big is kind of Hearthstone's schtick, isn't it? Nobody really knew Tom before he won the world championship and most old star players (Kolento, Firebat, etc.) are nowhere to be seen. On the other hand, we have extremely potential guys like Race, Hunterace, XiaoT, killinallday, etc. who are strong contenders for the upcoming championships. 
    Might be just me, but healthier meta and unpredictable picks and bans trump star power in terms of players.  
    Hearthstone & Overwatch writer for eSports.com 
  • Marin AngelovMarin Angelov Posts: 2Moderator
    I watched  the championship but didnt see Raven? is he not a caster anymore?
  • PencheffPencheff Posts: 14Administrator
    I checked some funny moments and the decklists mainly. How much as I hate to admit it in retrospect the nerfs to Spiteful and Cubelock actually make sense, considering they are still top tier ladder and tournament decks despite the changes. 

Regarding the noname players - I've always felt Hearthstone somewhat resembles competitive poker because of the luck factor. Also - the investment into research and deckbuilding is pretty big and a lot of the big names spend their time and effort with streaming since it's more lucrative :smiley:
  • joXnkajoXnka Posts: 84Member

I caught Bulgaria vs Spain last night on the "playhearthstone" twitch channel.

We talking about the same thing? Was pretty cool in terms of production value!

"The Athenian lawmaker Solon decreed it a crime for any citizen to shrink from controversy." - JFK
  • RoshavRoshav Posts: 58Member

Hooooly s**t i watched Bulgaria vs Spain as well... but that's different torunament @joXnka

• joXnkajoXnka Posts: 84Member

Any info on how to follow the remainder of the tournament?

"The Athenian lawmaker Solon decreed it a crime for any citizen to shrink from controversy." - JFK
  • dannyndannyn Posts: 68Member

@joXnka did you find any info about this?

• AlastrociousAlastrocious Posts: 55Member

Well, looks like i missed it. RIP.