2018 WCS Global Finals @ Blizzcon [predictions/expectations/hype thread]

joXnkajoXnka Posts: 84Member

At $700,000 the purse is larger than ever before!
What are you all expecting?
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/2018_WCS_Global_Finals

"The Athenian lawmaker Solon decreed it a crime for any citizen to shrink from controversy." - JFK

Comments

• dannyndannyn Posts: 68Member

Alright, so here are my predictions: Group A: Maru, Neeb (I wanna believe); Group B: sOs, Serral; Group C: Stats, Dark; Group D: Classic, Rogue
    I don't really follow non-korean sc (unless Serral got himself a spot in GSL) so I can't say I know the skill level of these players, but I do know I want to see Stats take the prize :smiley:

• ToziTozi Posts: 20Member

Fucking forum ate my post...
    Here we go again.
    No details this time since I'm really pissed over losing the last post...
    I put in so much fucking GOLDEN analysis. Jeez!!!!!!!!!!

Group A - Maru and TY. Neeb has a chance but meh.
    Group B - s0s and Serral. Zest is cool but Serral ha shown he can advance.
    Group C - Stats and Dark. Both are top 3 Z/P players.
    Group D - Classic and Rogue. Both are top 3 Z/P players.

Let's see if I got 'em right!

I have a feeling in Starcraft we should actually try to predict which underdog will put up most fight against the established pro players :sweat_smile:

• DraxstroyerDraxstroyer Posts: 3Member

In general, I am rooting for Maru and TY, glad that Lambo will most likely not survive this group.
    So Group A is clear for me. In Group B, I see Serral and sOs advancing. I wonder what Serral will show us. Group C is difficult, but I am hopin to see ShoWTimE in the Quarterfinals alongside Stats. The last one seems as easy as A, with Classic and Rogue. Die other two are not good enough to compete with the Koreans.

Mech isn't just a playstyle, it's a way of life!

• joXnkajoXnka Posts: 84Member

@Draxstroyer you really think ShoWTimE has a chance against absolute powerhouses such as Stats and Dark? I personally doubt it..

I see you wrote "Die" instead of "The". Are you by any chance German?
    If yes - I can understand why you'd be rooting for your countryman, but I really don't see him advancing!

Speaking of German players, Dario Wunsch AKA TLO is a friend! Great guy!

"The Athenian lawmaker Solon decreed it a crime for any citizen to shrink from controversy." - JFK
  • DraxstroyerDraxstroyer Posts: 3Member
    edited October 2018

@joXnka Yeah, I am german. Funny mistake though :lol:
    On a good day, anything is possible. But right, more wishful thinking than an actual chance. Lets see what will happen :)

Nothing to say about TLO, he plays Zerg, my least fav race, you see that I wrote, Id be actually happy, if Lambo gets eliminated as early as possible... When we talk about german Zerg players, I always had a thing for XlorD.

Mech isn't just a playstyle, it's a way of life!

Just looking at the Koreans I'm almost worried for Serral, let alone the others.
    Did you guys watch the GSL Super-tournament that went down recently?
    Did you see the way the Koreans were playing? Ho-Ly-Shit!

The tournament is drawing closer and closer - I can't wait! Anyone else hyped?

I'm super hyped about the whole event! Did you see the pin in the goody bag btw! Gotta get that!