GSL Season 3 (2018)

joXnkajoXnka Posts: 84Member
So who do you guys think will take it?
I think/hope it will be Maru for a third time in a row!
"The Athenian lawmaker Solon decreed it a crime for any citizen to shrink from controversy." - JFK

Comments

• dannyndannyn Posts: 68Member
    I have to say, I'm kinda disappointed with the balance of the races this season. Rogue is the only zerg to make it out of his group so far. And to be quite frank, I don't believe Leenock will have much chance against his group of protosses (with Zest finishing 2nd  in GSL S2)
    I think we may be looking at a PvT/PvP games only, when the quarterfinals start.
    I will not be too bothered if Stats and sOs make it out of their group though (which seems very likely, considering..)
    We'll have to wait and see.
    On another note though, Neeb survived his group?? This is very interesting and I can't wait to watch him play against Rogue! You may actually be right about the gap :D 
  • joXnkajoXnka Posts: 84Member
    I'd say Neeb has NO chance over Rogue :v 
    "The Athenian lawmaker Solon decreed it a crime for any citizen to shrink from controversy." - JFK

I was very surprised to see Neeb win over Dark. It's not that he has a bad track record against him - not at all. I know he's beaten him before, but doing it on the GSL stage is something else... Rogue looked devastated. I think at this point Neeb is going to finals.

I felt really bad for Leenock, though. Getting bopped like that by TY after an operation was hard to watch.

I'm just swinging by to say "Called it!" :D and jeez.. Dark was like facepalming for a few minutes after he called gg... I'm happy to see more and more non-koreans making it further into the code s!

That was Rogue holding his head in his hands, noob :v

Man, I thought there were gonna be matches today! Totally forgot abt the schedule change ;/

Waiting to see some good games tomorrow though! Gonna say Maru and Stats go forward, but that's not very bold of a prediction :v

Oh, I didn't realize they changed the schedule as well! Good thing I didn't miss anything in that case! :D

Wait, so there were only 2 zergs in the quarterfinal?? This is so sad, I really hope at least Zest or Neeb make it to the final or it's going to be one boring af TvT (Also.. extremely sad that Stats didn't make it... some day though.. he'll be our true champion! #ibelieve)

TY and Maru are beasts... I'm fearin' a TvT final..

Watching the first semi-final game one right now. Neeb looks composed. But overcoming TY is still a super uphill battle!

Let's go Neeb! True TY is in good shape, but I believe Neeb didn't come unprepared for this match.

• ToziTozi Posts: 20Member

RIP Neeb Game one ;x

I really don't wanna see him go after getting so far!

Well... he COULD have gotten a 3:1 lead but he blew it with the replay of the Draw. Not recalling during it's end ultimately cost him if you ask me.

edited September 2018

So far half of your prophecy is right, @joXnka. We have TY in the finals. Do you think Zest will stand any chance of winning even 1 game against Maru?

I believe so. Zest is a proven champion. Although I had my money on Stats in the RO4, I am sure he will get at least a map off of Maru!

edited September 2018

Well.. That was very underwhelming semifinal. Are you gonna watch the finals @joXnka, because I'm not too hyped about that.

TvT is my least favorite matchup, but I can't miss a GSL final. Will be glued to the screen for that no doubt :v

Almost time for the finals!!!!!

Maru is god! Jeez! Now we only need to wait for Blizzcon

• SprelixSprelix Posts: 48Member

Dem 7 games tho. When in doubt - PROXY :D

Well, that was an unexpected final... said no one :D But I mean, Maru did warn about his strategy beforehand :D

• ToziTozi Posts: 20Member

I can't believe he proxied so many times... sheesh!