Has the "gap" really closed?

joXnkajoXnka Posts: 84Member
Everyone who follows competitive SC2 will have watched the recent GSL vs The World tournament and the Koreans' fall before Finnish Zerg Serral.
Do you feel that the "gap" between Koreans and foreigners is finally narrowing and what do you attribute that to?
"The Athenian lawmaker Solon decreed it a crime for any citizen to shrink from controversy." - JFK

Comments

• dannyndannyn Posts: 68Member
    Who is serral?  :D 
    Really though, judging by the results of group A, ro16, that played this week, we don't have much to be hyped about
  • AlastrociousAlastrocious Posts: 55Member
    I think the gap between Serral and the koreans has closed, yeah, but that's one person. Serral can't close the gap for all foreigners alone. The others have to step their game against the koreans too and then i think it will be safe to assume the gap has closed.
  • joXnkajoXnka Posts: 84Member
    You're right!
    As the proverb goes - "one bird - spring doesn't make" :v
    "The Athenian lawmaker Solon decreed it a crime for any citizen to shrink from controversy." - JFK
  • dannyndannyn Posts: 68Member

You guys may be right.. I just checked the standings of WCS. Just look at the point difference between the 1st and 2nd place in Circuit and the ones in Korea. Top 8 Koreans still winning against everyone but Serral :D

https://wcs.starcraft2.com/en-us/standings/

• ToziTozi Posts: 20Member

Neeb's GSL Ro4 match (going on right now) might go a long way in making a statement for this argument.. Let me get back to you in about an hour :P